Short on time but want to move your body and get stronger?
Great, because this quick lower body shred workout delivers a combination of strength and explosive cardio moves for a balanced total body training session in less time!
Join Coach Neesha from Team Betty Rocker – one of our amazing trainers who will guide you through this workout. Coach Neesha is a NASM Certified Personal Trainer and a Team Betty Rocker Coach.
Listen for the cues on rep ranges for today’s workout so you can select an amount of resistance that challenges you. Progressing and getting stronger requires adaptations in our muscle tissue – adaptations that come from challenging ourselves beyond where we were before.
That could be more reps, more time or just more resistance. Having the rep range to work within is a great way to feel out where you’re at, and gain confidence in choosing the right option for yourself.
Get ready to challenge yourself today, and join Coach Neesha to rock your workout!
If you enjoyed that workout and are looking for a sequenced plan that will make the most of your training time, the Quick Strength and Shred Challenge in Rock Your Life is perfect for you! These 15-20 minute workouts combine fast plyometrics and strength circuits, giving you a balanced training program on a short time budget!
Total Lower Body ShredClick to expand and see all workout move descriptions
Equipment: weighted objects (dumbbells, optional kettlebell, water bottles, jugs or other), elevated surface
Format: Perform the strength circuit for the prescribed reps for 3 rounds. Once complete move on to the tabata circuit. For tabatas, perform each move for 0:20 with 0:10 rest between. Repeat for 4 rounds, a total of 4:00.
KANG Squats (8-12)
- Begin by standing with your feet hip-width distance, holding a weighted object in each hand, your core braced and shoulders back and down (as if they were against a wall).
- Bend your knees in line with your toes, sending your hips back to come into a squat.
- Drive through the heels to straighten your legs, maintaining a flat back and hinge in the hips, as you touch the weighted objects to your shins with your palms facing your body.
- Squeezing the glutes with a braced core, drive through the heels to come back up to standing.
- Repeat sequence for max rep range.
Step Ups (8-12 each side)
- Begin by standing tall in front of your elevated surface with your core braced and a weighted object in each hand.
- Plant your right foot on the elevated surface and, keeping your weight in your heel and your chest upright, drive through your right foot to stand fully on your right foot. Be mindful that your right knee is tracking in line with your toes.
- With control and keeping your weight in your right heel, slowly lower yourself back down, planting your left foot, then your right.
- Switch sides and continue alternating sides for max rep range.
- MOD: Remove the weighted objects and complete this exercise with bodyweight only.
Calf Raises (10-15)
- Stand with your feet hip distance apart, core braced, chest up, shoulders back and down (as if they were against a wall).
- Place the barbell behind your neck, resting the bar on the meaty part of your upper traps (or holding dumbbells at your shoulders or alongside your hips) and engaging between the shoulderblades.
- Lift your heels off of the mat as high as you can with control, then slowly lower them back down (be mindful that you’re not shifting your weight side to side or leaning forward).
- Repeat for max rep range.
- MOD: Remove the weighted objects and complete this move with bodyweight only.
The Workout Bundle contains the spectrum of what your body needs before, during and after your workout to support lean muscle and optimize recovery. Combine with a healthy whole food diet and balanced Betty Rocker training plan for best results.
Skipping Alternating Knee Drivers
- Begin by standing tall with your core braced, left foot behind you, and arms extended overhead.
- Powerfully drive your left knee up towards your chest as you swiftly bring your arms down on either side of the knee, as though you are holding a watermelon and breaking it over the knee.
- As you place your left foot back down, skip step to switch legs and drive your right knee up.
- Continue alternating sides for the allotted time.
- Be mindful that you are maintaining an elevated chest and braced core throughout this move.
- MOD: Hold on to the back of a chair or with your hand on a wall to assist with balance throughout this sequence and remove the skip step to make this low impact.
- Begin lying on your back with your legs extended, feet planted, and core braced so that your lower back is making gentle contact with the mat.
- Extend your arms beside your ears, using your core to lift your shoulders off of the mat and lift your extended legs to a hover.
- Bend your knees as you crunch them in towards your chest and simultaneously move your extended arms down to either side of your bent legs.
- With control, extend your body back to the starting position of hovered shoulders and legs.
- Be mindful to not strain your neck by keeping your head in a neutral position (not looking up or down) and repeat for allotted time.
- MOD: Keep your legs bent and gently tap your toes to the mat instead of fully extending them. You can also keep your hands planted beside your hips throughout this move for stability instead of extending them overhead.
How do you feel after that workout? Check in with Coach Neesha and me and let us know how you liked it!
Check out these progress shots from Bailey, a Rock Your Life member who has had amazing, sustainable results over the past 2 years from having a supportive community, and consistent access to workout classes and challenge programs.
“I have been doing Betty Rockers workouts since July of 2020 . Today I took a progress pic just to see how far I have come! The first pic is from 7/2020 and the updated pic is from 05/2022. 40 lbs down.. several inches lost! This workout program along with eating a healthier lifestyle has truly changed my body and mind! I am currently doing the bikini body challenge and it has kicked my butt! If this momma of 3 can do it, so can you!!”
Wondering where to get started?
I’ve got a plan for you! In fact, I’ve got so many 30-day challenges you could take one every month of the year and still not do them all! You can find ALL of my amazing 30-day home workout challenges inside Rock Your Life – plus myself and the Team Betty Rocker coaches teach 5 new classes every week in case you want to just workout with us outside of a plan.